GENERAL SHIPPING INFORMATION
What are the delivery charges?
There will be times Bankstown Sound & Marine will offer free shipping on a product, in which case, there is no delivery charge – we’ll cover it for you, ’cause we’re awesome.
When the product you’re buying doesn’t come with free shipping, at the checkout, your delivery cost will be calculated based on your location, cubic volume of the package and its weight coming from Bankstown, NSW to wherever you are located.
How long will delivery take?
We have recently changed our delivery partner from Sendle to Australia Post. This move was made due to Australia Post’s coverage, rates, capabilities and their multiple options for parcel collection if you’re not at home at the time of delivery.
Until things go back to normal (COVID-19 pressures), delivery times have been affected, however, each order that is dispatched through Australia Post is accompanied with an email from us to you with your tracking number. This email is generated at the moment your order has been dispatched by our Web Team. Every package is picked up by Australia Post on the next business day. If you have not received your tracking number, please email us, or call us on 02 9708 5444.
What exactly happens after ordering?
To help you stay in the know, the lifecycle of your order is as follows;
- Your order is placed and confirmed. The system lets us know and sends you an email confirming your order has been placed
- A member of the Bankstown Sound & Marine team print out your packing slip and get your order ready
- This also includes making sure the part you’ve ordered is in stock (some times the gap between the in-store system and online system creates stock vacuums)
- Your order is packed and an Australia Post eParcel connote is created
- The system automatically sends you an email letting you know that your order has been picked, packed and dispatched. The email also contains your tracking number
- The next business day, your order is picked up by Australia Post and begins its journey to you!
Can I get a Tax Invoice?
Of course, you can! It’s available from the moment your successful payment is reported to us, however, we’ll automatically send it to you as an attachment in the email you get when your order has been shipped.
If you need it sooner or didn’t get it for some reason, send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll get it across to you as soon as we can!
Can you deliver to P.O. Boxes or Parcel Lockers?
At this time no. We can only deliver to physical addresses. Please do not provide us with P.O. Boxes or Parcel Lockers as your delivery address as it’ll just extend the time it takes us to ship your order.
If you do, we will place your order On Hold and contact you directly for the correct delivery address.
I put down the wrong address, can I change it?
This is a time-critical answer. If your order is still in the Processing or On Hold status, sure – no problem. Contact the store directly on 02 9708 5444 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll update it, no problem!
If your order has been shipped, then no. Your order is going to the wrong address – we are unable to recall the package. As part of our Terms & Conditions ensuring your delivery address is correct is entirely your responsibility. Failure to do so will result in additional costs and delivery delays.
What payment options do you offer?
At this time, we offer the following payment options, which are all industry standard and safe to use:
- Stripe – credit card payments
- PayPal – PayPal account and credit card payments
- AfterPay – buy now, pay later
- Zip – buy now, pay later
Can I pay in cash on pick up?
Yes, and no. But mostly no. In order for the stock to be held in your name, an order must be processed through this website. The only way that can happen is if you pay through one of the above gateways.
Should you want to hold the stock, but not buy online, you’ll need to contact the store directly on 02 9708 5444 and see if there is stock in the store (and not the warehouse) that can be placed on hold for you. Whether this can happen or not is entirely up to the discretion of the in-store staff.
Can I get a refund?
Our refund policy will be explained and outlined further down on this page.
Does my item come with warranty?
We are the authorised stockists of everything we sell, so, yes. In addition to what you’re entitled to under Australian Consumer Law, you’re also provided with the manufacture warranty offered with every product.
Proof of purchase is required to claim any warranty and will only be accepted in the form of a Tax Invoice or store-issued receipt.
A product is on Backorder, can I still buy it?
Yes, from time to time, a product will go through unexpected popularity, or there is a stock shortage somewhere along the line. If a product will remain in our catalogue, we’ll offer it as a back-ordered product. If the product is being discontinued, you will be unable to order the item from the site.
REFUNDS AND RETURNS POLICY
All purchases are final. Bankstown Sound & Marine is under no obligation, outside of those stated in Australian Consumer Law such as DoA and faulty products, to issue refunds.
All sales are final, we will not offer a refund or store credit for change of mind. However, we will consider a refund within 30-days of the purchase date for the following reasons:
- You’re unable to install the product
- It won’t fit in your car
- You no longer have the car, etc.
- Bankstown Sound & Marine advertised a feature the product does not have
- e.g. we stated specifically state a product has a feature that it does not have
All costs involved in returning an item are yours.
You are required to ship the item back to our showroom in Bankstown, NSW:
ATTN: The Web Team
Bankstown Sound & Marine
20 Marion Street,
Bankstown, NSW 2200
Free Items and Order Add-ons
From time to time, Bankstown Sound & Marine will bundle products together and offer them to you for free with your order. These items may include reverse cameras or additional parts required for installation.
These items, although carrying a retail value, cannot and will not be refunded or exchanged for any other item or service with no exception.
Are there any re-stocking fees?
- If the item was faulty or DoA, there is no cost to you. After proven faulty, you’ll be sent a replacement (or issued a store credit, your choice)
- If the unit is returned to us in a brand-new, shelf-ready condition, a re-stocking fee of 12% is charged
How will my refund be processed, and how long will it take?
Your refund must be processed using the same method used to pay for the item, i.e. online orders paid via PayPal will be refunded through PayPal.
- For PayPal purchases – PayPal states 3-5 business days, however, we often see them process within 24-hours
- For Credit/Debit card purchases – the refund will take 3-5 business days to appear in your nominated account
- For Buy Now, Pay Later purchases – the credit should return to your accounts within 60-minutes of us processing the refund
Once you’ve received the confirmation of action from us, please direct all follow-ups to your banking institutions or providers.