The Best 4-Channel Amplifiers
JBL has been designing and building sound systems for decades, so they know a thing or two about power. Their GX-A604 4-channel amplifier can send 60 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers, about five times the power of most factory radios. The GX-A604 includes speaker-level inputs, so it’s perfect for upgrading the power in a factory system.
Versatile tone filters — versatile amp
You can also use the GX-A604 in 3-channel mode, using the front channels to power your front speakers, and bridging the rear channels together to drive a subwoofer with 170 watts RMS. A high-pass filter cleans up the sound by removing extreme low bass from small full-range speakers, allowing them to play louder and cleaner. You can switch the rear filter to the low-pass mode when you’re driving a subwoofer, while the built-in bass boost adds some punch when you’re in the mood.
The JBL Audio GX-A604 Features
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 60 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (85 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 170 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- switchable high-pass filters (80 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on front channels
- variable high- and low-pass filters (32-320 Hz, 12 dB per octave) on rear channels
- switchable bass boost (0, 12 dB at 45 Hz) on rear channels
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- fuse rating: 20A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 11-13/16″W x 2-1/16″H x 8-1/8″D
- warranty: 1 year