Kicker 47KSS6904; liquid silk
Kicker designed their KS Series lineup to be a substantial step up from your factory speakers. The Kicker KSS6904 6″x9″ component system features two quality woofers, two powerful tweeters, and two external crossovers.
There’s no other way of saying it, these speakers sound better than anything in the market – period.
The polypropylene woofer and its powerful magnet provide a natural sound with a satisfying low end, while the 1″ silk dome tweeter prioritizes smoothness in your music’s vocal and instrumental details. Kick out your stale, old sound and rediscover how your favourite songs were meant to be heard.
Kicker also gives you the option of screwing the component tweeters on in place of the woofer’s removable phase plug, giving you a coaxial speaker that benefits from the superior performance of an external crossover. Installed as 2-way speakers, you can aim the tweeters to direct high-frequency response in your vehicle.
While we’d recommend using an aftermarket amp to power this system, Kicker gave the KS Series a highly sensitive design that conjures hefty volume even from low-powered factory radios.
These low-profile speakers feature a reduced mounting depth, making them a match for almost any car. And the refined, black grilles included with the package allow you to do a custom installation that’ll add a nice flair to your car’s interior.
Kicker 47KSS6904 Technical Bits
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- 6″x9″ polypropylene woofer cone with rubber surround
- 1″ silk dome tweeter with four mounting options
- external crossover network with 3 tweeter levels (0, +4.5, +9 dB)
- handles up to 150 watts RMS (300 watts peak power)
- can be installed as separate components or as 2-way speakers
- frequency range: 35-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- woofer top-mount depth: 3″
- impedance: 4 ohms
- grilles included
- warranty: 2 years